Gros Morne Co op
The Gros Morne Cooperating Association
The Gros Morne Co-operating Association is a not-for profit organization with volunteer members. The Gros Morne Co-operating Association works with Gros Morne National Park to support and supplement the protection, preservation and interpretation of the park’s heritage . The Co op’s products and services help visitors and residents to better understand the important natural and human history of the park area. The revenue that we earn is used to enhance visitor activities, conservation programs at the park and marketing the Gros Morne region as a destination.
In the fall of 1992, a group formed to pursue the idea of forming a co-operating association here in Gros Morne National Park. A steering committee was assembled and in March of 1993, the Gros Morne Co-operating Association was formed.
Members of the Gros Morne Co-operating Association come from communities in and around Gros Morne National Park. A board of directors and an executive are chosen from this membership and will serve for two-year terms. Memberships costs are $5.00 annually and is open to anyone 16 years of age or older. We welcome anyone interested in joining.
Benefits of Membership:
- Develop friendships with other members who share the same vision for Canada’s special places
- Feel a sense of accomplishment as Association projects bring benefits to the park and local communities
- Develop your own leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ensure that the Association’s efforts help the area
- Help make the park visit more personal and rewarding for someone else
- Join an environmental education process that stresses the importance of Canada’s national parks
- Receive a 10% discount on all Association publications and products.
Colleen Kennedy Executive Director Telephone: 709.458.3610
Executive Director Assistant
Partnerships and Special Events Coordinator